Maryland Fishing License
Image from Matthew McBrayer
How to Get a Maryland Fishing License for Ocean City
Fishing is a popular year-round activity in Ocean City. Anglers come from all over to reel in some of the Atlantic Ocean’s best catches. Before you bait your hook, be sure you have the proper Maryland Fishing License to fish in Ocean City.
Click here to read more about fishing in Ocean City.
How to Buy a Maryland Fishing License
Maryland Fishing Licenses can be purchased a number of ways.
The Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has made it easy to apply and purchase a fishing license online through the state’s compass website.
Click here to purchase a Maryland Fishing License.
Maryland Fishing Licenses can also be purchased in person. There are over 250 sport license agents across the state. The Maryland DNR website has each listed by region, county and city so you can locate the one closest to you.
Fishing licenses can also be ordered by mail. You will need to download the application from the Maryland DNR website then mail it to a Service Center in your area with a check for the license and any fees.
Maryland Fishing License Fees
A valid saltwater fishing license is required for Chesapeake Bay and Coastal fishing. Fishing licenses, stamps and registrations are valid for 365 days from the date of purchase, unless otherwise specified.
- Resident Chesapeake Bay and Coastal Sport Fishing License: $15
- Resident Seven-Day Chesapeake Bay and Coastal Sport Fishing License: $6
- Non-Resident Chesapeake Bay and Coastal Sport Fishing License: $22.50
- Non-Resident Seven-Day Chesapeake Bay and Coastal Sport Fishing License: $12
- Consolidated Chesapeake Bay and Coastal Sport Boat License: $50
- Chesapeake Bay and Coastal Sport Charter Boat License: $240 for up to six passengers, $290 for more than six passengers
Who Can Fish without a License?
A select group of people can fish and crab in Maryland without a fishing license. Individuals under the age of 16 do not need a license for sport fishing and crabbing. Instead, they can purchase a recreational crab license if they want to catch bushels of crabs without a license.
More Information on Maryland Fishing License
For more information on obtaining a Maryland Fishing License, as well as rules and regulations, visit DNR.Maryland.gov